Vanilla Nice Cream
Whenever I am craving ice-cream, this recipe hits the spot! It is perfect as a dessert (or even for breakfast – and you don’t have to feel guilty!) The sweet, vanilla flavoured nice-cream is paired with the more tart flavour of the berry coulis for a perfect combination. Hope you enjoy!
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1-2 tsp vanilla powder/extract
- 1-2 TBS almond milk (leave out if you have a powerful blender/processor and want a thicker consistency)
- Sweetener: 3-4 dates/ 1 tsp honey/maple syrup *
- optional: 1 TBS nut butter (Macadamia works well) and/or 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Optional super boost: add 1 TBS Mesquite, Lucuma or Maca for a delicious and nutritious boost
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth
- Eat immediately.
- If you would like a more frozen consistency, place in the freezer for about 1/2 – 1 hour before serving.
- Top with homemade berry coulis (see below) or a topping of your choice
* Note: Using dates will give you a delicious caramel-like flavour as well as small chewy pieces which I love. If you prefer a smoother consistency and a more neutral flavour, use maple syrup/honey
Variation: this is the basic nice-cream recipe, but play around with different flavours such as raw cacao/carob, berries, fresh peaches, mango etc
- 1 cup mixed berries
- 1/2 tsp organic (non-gmo) cornstarch (dissolved in 1 tsp boiling water)
- 1-2 tsp sweetener (honey/maple syrup/fructose/coconut sugar)
- Place all ingredients in a pot and heat gently on the stove, on a low temperature.
- Stir gently (not too much as you will end up with a mush!) Also, take care not to burn the mixture
- If you would like the consistency to be thicker, add more cornstarch. You can also add more/less sweetener according to taste.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving
- Delicious on top of nice-cream, plant-based yoghurt, waffles, pancakes, vegan french toast etc.