Cheezy Kale Chips
(Adapted from “Easy Living Food”)
- 1kg Kale leaves, washed, stalks removed
- 2 cups Cashew nuts (I usually soak them for at least 1 hour beforehand)
- ½ – ¾ cups Water
- Juice of 1-2 small lemons
- 1-2 tsp Salt
- 1-2 tsp Mixed herbs
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 TBS Nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- Place all ingredients (except for kale leaves) in food processor and blend until smooth.
- Roughly tear kale leaves into small bit sized pieces.
- Pour blended “cheese” mixture over kale leaves and massage in using hands, making sure that all leaves are well covered.
- Spread out onto dehydrator trays and sprinkle with hemp seeds.
- Dehydrate for 24-36 hours